Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Chicken and What I Saved: The hubs strikes back!

So I've been out of commission a little recently.  We have taken on some projects around the house that are kind of big and we were fighting off some sort of illness last week - it never really took hold but it was a pain all week!

We have been doing a LOT of yard work!

I'm starting to get ready for Harris Teeter's Super Doubles (which start on Wednesday) but I scooped up a few good deals this afternoon...although my savings don't reflect it! And that's thanks to the husband!  He decided he wanted some mixers and soda (none of which as on sale) so that raised my price significantly - although I only went a few dollars over my $50 budget.


My totals value: $90.12
OOP: 41.82
Savings: 54% (probably my lowest since I started couponing!)

None of my deals were that spectacular and everything I did can be found on some of the other amazing coupon sites so I thought I'd take this time to share a really good and easy dinner I made this week.

Jalapeno Popper Chicken

4 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
1 jalapeno, diced
4 chicken breasts, sliced to stuff
Breadcrumbs
Shredded cheddar cheese

Mix the cream cheese and jalapenos in a bowl

Slice the chicken horizontally leaving one side connected (so the chicken could open like a book)

Stuff each breast with a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture

Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese and coat the chicken breast in the breadcrumb and cheese mixture

Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees
I severed ours with smashed potatoes and Darrin's Aunt Shirley's green beans which are pretty much the most amazing thing ever!




So again, let me say, sorry for the radio silence, but hopefully the time off has left me fresh and with a lot of new material to blog about!

Did you do anything fun this weekend?  What's your favorite chicken dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment