Sunday, April 1, 2012

What I Saved: I spent nothing OOP at CVS today!

So this was a pretty decent week for savings.  It started out with an amazing Money Maker at HT, which you can check out here if you missed it.

I took advantage of both Saturday Specials and picked up with Glad trash bags and Gain laundry detergent, plus a few other evic items.

My trip today was pretty uneventful.  I took advantage of the Harris Teeter Pharmacy Promotion (which ends on April 3rd, by the way) and had a new prescription filled at the HT Pharmacy and had $20 added to my vic card, that made what I used from my gift card minimal!

Here's what the trip looked like:

I didn't use many coupons:

I grabbed two dozen eggs using the printable available here
I also used (2) $1/2 Kellogg's cereal, stacked with a sale and the $4/4 evic coupon
I had a coupon for a FREE Kraft Fresh Takes so I'm excited to try that out!  I got the coupon in the mail by the way.
I also used a $1 off coupon from the 3/25 SS on a frozen pizza and paid $2.77

It was NOT a coupon heavy trip, but I really didn't need much.

I did pretty well at CVS today though.  Here's what the trip looked like:

I used (3) $7 off coupons for the allergy meds from today's SS
There was a $1 off peelie on the contact solution and that gave me back a $8.99 ECB
I just needed the hairbands!

I have $11 in ECB from my trip last weekend plus another $2.50 printed out this morning from my last quarter spending.  After all the coupons and ECB's I ended up paying nothing but tax OOP - plus I got another $8.99 in ECB's and didn't have the use the $2.50 that printed out today!

My weekend looks like this:
Total value: $143.64
OOP: 10.82
Savings: 92%


I'd love to hear about your savings but I must get ready for Mad Men...and take care of my sick husband (who I think has given me his germs because I'm not feeling so hot myself!).

No comments:

Post a Comment