Sunday, March 25, 2012

What I Saved: A look at my Triples

Whew, I'm kinda glad I'm done with Triples for the week (or at least I think I am!).  I'm a little worn out from it!  I definitaly spent a lot more time this week couponing than I normally do, but in the end, I think it was worth it.

I made my last trip today and did pretty well.  I did pick up a rotisserie chicken and salad bar salad for dinner/lunches this week.

Total value: 81.74
OOP: $26.65
Savings: 67%

Some of the big things I picked up (that weren't duplicates of things I've already got) include:

(2) Quaker Oatmeal Cookies: $2 each
Used (2) $0.55 coupons from the 3/25 RP
Total: $0.70

(2) McCormick Seasonings (Chili powder and parsley): $3.68 total
Used (2) $0.75 coupons from the 3/25 RP
Used (1) $0.50/2 evic coupon
Total: -$0.50 (I made money because I used an evic with paper q's - the only way you can get an overage at HT

(4) Dannon Greek Yogurts: $1 each
Used (2) $0.50/2
Total: $1.00

(2) Degree Men's deodorant (2/$5) and 1 Dove Men's deodorant ($2.99 on clearance)
Used (1) $0.50 off two Degree from 3/25 RP and (1) $1 off Dove Men's from the 3/25 RP
Used (1) $1.00 Dove Men's deodorant evic
Used $3 off instant savings promo
Total: $1.49

 Since I've decided I'm now down with Triples, this is my final total:

Total value: $208.13
OOP: $44.73
Savings: 79%

Not too shabby, but I might like Super Doubles better!

I also ran to CVS to see if the scenario I had worked up in my head would really be successful - I think it was!

Here's what I got:

(3) 12 roll packs of Bounty paper towels: $10 each
(2)  Mars Milky Way Bunnies: 2/$1

And I used:
25% off that loaded to my card
(2) $3 off $15 from the CVS Facebook page
(1) $1/2 Mar candy from last week's paper (I don't remember the insert)
(3) $0.25 off Bounty from the March P&G
$0.25 off 2 Mar's Easter singles that printed at the "red box"
(1) $5 ECB from last week

I spent $10.25 before tax and got back a $1 ECB and a $10 ECB.

Now I really want to say that it means that I got everything for free (with the ECB's), but if you look at what I spent and don't take into account what I got back, I still saved 67% and we're going to have paper towels for a while! 

If you have a Harris Teeter, are you done with Triples or are you still going after some deals?  Did you find any great savings this week?

I made a yummy pasta tonight so I will post the recipe later this week for all you non-couponing reader!  Til then I'm off to get ready for the Mad Men premiere...I love me some Don Draper!

No comments:

Post a Comment