Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Six Month Itch?

So this week has NOT been the best!  Time change is wreaking havoc on my body, work is beyond stressful and I've been all sorts of crabby lately.  I needed a pick-me-up so I decided to write about the amazing weekend we've had recently!

Two weekends ago Darrin and I celebrated our six-month wedding anniversary! 
I can't believe this was six months ago!

We had an amazing weekend together.  We went and had some coffee to start off our weekend,
I love Starbucks!
Up next was a trip to Lowe's to look at plants.
Isn't he handsome!
We're planning on making some improvements to our backyard this spring and started searching for inspiration!

After a trip to Joanne Fabric for thread and Bed Bath and Beyond to check out food savers we headed home to a fantastic dinner and a not so fantastic Duke/UNC basketball game!

The next day was Hometown Tourist Day (a lot of local attractions offer free admission to county residents in the hopes that they will become tourism ambassadors - GREAT idea by the way) and after our typical Sunday Funday routine of coupons, church and lunch (where I had the most amazing Tuna Steak Sammie) we headed off to the Cape Fear History and Science Museum.
He's so cute when he concentrates :)
I LOVE local museums - it's so fun to learn about local history!  Alright, maybe I just like it because of the nerdy history major in me?  Either way I thought they had some amazing exhibits and I loved learning a little more about the place I've called home for almost FOUR years!
Bad picture; Cool Wilmington model!
We had an amazing weekend and spent the week resting up for a trip across the state to visit the Overholt's and our newest little nephew, Logan!

We had an absolute blast!  In case you don't know, we have 6 nephews and one niece all between the ages of 3 weeks and 8 years old!  We wanted to surprise the kids so the looks on their faces when we showed up at Grandma and Grandpa's house was adorable.

After a pizza party and time catching up we called it a night!  The next day was spent just spending time with family.  Darrin played baseball with his nephews, who had tryouts that day, and I took a quick Target trip with my sister-in-laws!  My in-laws treated us to a yummy dinner and ice cream with strawberries and then I convinced my sister-in-law we should run to CVS (I can't pass up good coupon opportunities). 
Uncle Darrin with his brother, Ryan, and nephews!
We left early on Sunday and were sad to say goodbye!  Even sadder that we had a five hour drive ahead of us!

Wow - I guess my plan worked, because after writing about such great weekends I am in a much better mood!

What do you do to help get over a bad day?  Any fun family activities you can't wait to start doing now that the weather is warming up?

Don't forget, like our Facebook page for fun giveaways and a daily dose of my whit and moxie!

No comments:

Post a Comment