Sunday, March 11, 2012

What I Saved: On the road!

Darrin and I spent the weekend in Asheville, NC visiting our family and meeting the newest Overholt - our nephew Logan!  It was a great weekend spent with family, but it did mean my couponing routine changed just a little.

I ran to CVS on Wednesday to try my hand at a variation of a deal I had found online (have I mentioned how much I LOVE the online couponing community?  Hopefully more about that coming later!).  I was able to get all of this for $4.98 before tax AND get back $7 in ECB:

I needed a good stock up on bodywash!
That deal ended on Saturday.  I wanted to try it one more time, so while I was in Asheville my sister-in-law, Sara, took me on a quick CVS run!  I just got the two Olay facial cleansers and two bodywashes this time and no ECB back, but I only spent $0.98 before tax.

On the first trip I used a $3 off $15 coupon that you can find on the CVS Facebook page, a $3/2 Olay facial cleansers from the 2/12 RP and (2) Buy one Olay facial cleanser and get one Olay bodywash free from the March P&G.  On the second trip I had a $4 off $20 loaded onto my CVS card and used the $3/2 and B1G1 coupons.

We got home kind of late so today wasn't as great as I would have liked.  I picked up 5 12 packs of Diet Coke at CVS for $5 before tax using another $3 of $15 and $7 in ECB.  I got back $5 in ECB.

Can't have enough Diet Coke!

I also spent about $25 at Harris Teeter.

Just a few of the things I picked up at Harris Teeter

My totals for the week look something like this:
Total value: $174.09
OOP: $36.18
Total savings: 79%

On a super fun note, I was able to pick up some Charlotte newspapers and extra Raleigh News and Observers! 

For my lucky readers!
I have 4 sets of inserts (2 from each paper) to giveaway to some lucky couponers.  Just go to our new Facebook page, Like us and then send a comment that you'd like one of the inserts!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment