Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year, New Commitment

Alright, alright, I get it!  I'm not the best when it comes to frequent posting.  That's just a sign that I'm out living up every minute of my newlywed life, right?  It has nothing to do with my procrastination or obsession with reality television, I swear!

In all honesty Darrin and I have been pretty busy since the wedding in September.  We spent October doing some traveling (beach weekend with friends and Asheville to surprise Thelma, Darrin's mom, for her birthday) and watching some great people tie the knot.  November was weekend house guests, weekend babysitting and back to Asheville to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Overholts.  Then we spent December getting ready for our first Christmas as man and wife.  We went up to Pittsburgh to celebrate the holidays with my side of the family. 

A few other things of note:

I'm not that great at beach games

Black Friday really go the best of me!

My MOH is getting married! 
I have to admit, 2011 was a pretty amazing year!  And already 2012 is looking to top it.  We have a ton of fun things coming up this year: a family reunion, Margarita's wedding, and our first anniversary are just a few.

We also made the requisite New Year Resolution(s).  For me, one of those is to try and be more diligent about posting on my blog (even if only 10 people read it...I'm trying to hone my writing skills for bigger and scarier projects) and to really learn how to coupon!  I was pretty successful on that resolution this weekend - but you'll have to check out the next blog for all that goodness (how's that for suspenseful - do I know how to keep people wanting more or what!).


Did you make any New Year Resolutions?  Have you been good at keeping them?  Or have the first 7 days of 2012 already done you in? Hit up the comments and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment