Monday, January 23, 2012

What I Saved: It's not always extreme

I took it easy this week with shopping and couponing.  I didn't really hit up anywhere but Harris Teeter once and a local produce store.  It was a little hard for me to calculate my savings on the produce but I did the best that I could.  I'm guessing I saved about 40% this weekend.  I ended up spending about $65, which is a little over what I'd like to have spent but for what I purchased, but I can't complain.

I picked up a lot of produce because I'm trying out a few new recipes this week (look for the successes later!) and I needed a little more meat than usual.  Very few coupons for both of those categories and I was getting specific types of meat, so I couldn't only buy what was on sale, like I usually do.

Like I said, I spent about $65 this week and this is what I ended up with:


Pork Loin
Ground chicken
Chicken Sausage
Roast Chicken
Fresh produce (apples, organges, bananas, carrots, potatoes, brussel sprouts, peppers, onion, leeks)
Riceworks Chips
Granola Clusters
Hunts tomato sauce
Salsa
Air fresheners
Paper towels
Napkins

To be honest, while the coupons that came out in the paper this weekend were pretty good, I didn't find the deals anywhere to be that outstanding.  And honestly, I'm okay with that.  It's kind of nice to take a weekend "off" and still only spend $65 on groceries for an entire week.  I will admit I'm a little disappointed I went over my new $50 a week budget but some of the reciepies in the December Rachel Ray magazine looked super yummy!

I'm trying out a potato soup recipe tonight, so check back in a few days to see how it turns out!

Anyone trying couponing yet?  What did you save this weekend? And leave a comment - I'm starting to wonder if the reason I'm getting so many hits is because my Mom is reading this 100 times!  Is anyone out there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment