Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Remodeling Again???

No, I'm not that crazy - a home remodel once in 100,000 years is enough for me.  There are a few little updates I want to make to the house though.  To be honest, it's more fun little projects than actual work.

When we did the big remodel last year (Check out posts ONE, TWO, and THREE) we had the whole house, including the ceilings, repainted.

But guess what they forgot??

Poor air vents!
Yes, those are the air vents.  Now I forgot to take a picture of what they actually looked like on the ceiling, but let me tell you, compared to the freshly painted, white ceiling, those stuck out like a sore thumb!

Thanks to my very creative friend, Amy, I was able to make these look 100 times better for about $2.00!

That's Amy at her Small Group Birthday celebration!
All I did was SPRAY PAINT them!  I got a can of semi-gloss spray paint, had Darrin take them all down, and spent about 10 minutes outside painting them (and the screws!).


The Before and After!
I think they look so much better.

All finished
 And now the ceiling matches and that makes me happy!

The color didn't come out that great - the ceiling is white and wall is blue, but you get the idea!
Like I said, I have several projects I want to start working on, but the next one is going to be tackling this bad boy:


I'm going to paint it white, well shabby chic white probably.  It's going to go in the spare bedroom so Darrin has his own set of drawers.  Right now I have taken over 6 of the 8 in the dresser in our bedroom!

Do you have any big projects you'd like to start this year?  I'd love to hear about them so share them below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment