Thursday, February 9, 2012

All By Myself!

Okay, I'm not ashamed...I'll come right out and say it:

"I LOVE GOING TO THE MOVIES ALONE!"

Don't get me wrong, I love date nights with the hubs and girls night out with my friends, but there is something totally awesome about sitting in a movie theater alone for a few hours.

Plus, I get these all to myself:
LOVE movie theater popcorn!

This weekend I treated myself to an afternoon at the movies.  I had been dying to see One For the Money and Darrin wasn't feeling it so I went myself.

First, I LOVE Janet Evanovich and all of her books.  My goal is to write my own series of books that have the same wit and humor as everything she has written.

Second, I adore Katherine Heigl (and Jason O'Mara and Daniell Sujata are pretty easy on the eyes). I was struggling with her as Stephanie Plum but she totally nailed it!
Jason O'Mara as Joe Morelli
Daniell Sujata as Ranger
And third, the movie was shot in my hometown.  Well, actually a town or two over, but I'm still claiming it.  If you're from Western PA and go see this movie you will totally recognize the charm that is the 'burgh's suburbs.


On top of it all, the first preview that played was for The Hunger Games!  Let me tell you, I cannot WAIT until March 23rd!  I'm a little nervous that the movies will let me down because I loved the books SO much (I finished the first book and immediately read it again!).  I also have a feeling that while I adored Peta in the books I'm going to be pulling for Gale in the movies - this is similar to my issues with the Twilight books/movies.  I'm 100% team Edward when I read the books but I switch sides and root for Jacob when I watch the movies.


That said, it was a wonderful afternoon at the movies.  If you haven't seen One For the Money yet, I highly recommend it.  And if you haven't read The Hunger Games yet, walk RUN to your nearest library or bookstore and pick up a copy!

So I have to know...going to the movies alone: Yay or Nay?  Any movies you can't wait to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment