Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Romantic at Heart

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I know I'm a big romantic sap when it comes to the "official Halmark holiday" but I am perfectly fine with that.  I was even more sappy this year because it was my first Valentine's day as a married women!

This did NOT make Darrin happy!

Our Valentine's Day celebration spanned several days (mainly because I wasn't a huge fan of dinner at 8pm on a Tuesday night, when I have to work the next day). 

We started early on Saturday with an afternoon viewing of The Vow!

I know, I know, I really take the cheesy V-day as far as it can possibly go...what can I say?  I've watched one too many romantic comedies I guess?

Anyway, I thought this was the perfect way to start our celebration.  Although I totally think most of the great parts of this movie are shown in the previews but the chemistry between Channing and Rachel was amazing! 

After that I got a wonderful gift from my husband! 
Love Birds!
We had dinner reservations that night at Catch.  If you're a fan of Top Chef you may remember Chef Keith Rhodes from earlier this season - corn tortillas anyone?? Anyway, Catch is his restaurant and if he was eliminated first this season the winner must make food that is indescribable!  We LOVE Catch.

And here is why...
To start the evening
Winter root vegetable salad with goat cheese and vinaigrette
I obviously couldn't wait to try my seared tuna with lobster stuffed dumplings and edememe pesto
Darrin's BBQ chicken with mac and cheese didn't last very long!
I think Darrin was starting to get a bit annoyed with my picture taking at this point!
Such a trooper :)
Not to make anyone too jealous but this food is beyond amazing!  We didn't have one bite of food that we didn't love! 
Burbon chocolate ice cream and chocolate cake with chocolate mousse
The only damper in the evening was the news of Whitney Houston's death.  Did anyone catch Mercedes' version of "I Will Always Love You" on Glee this week? Loved it!

Now, I'm sure you're shaking your head and rolling your eyes at this point and begging me to find the antidote for the arrow Cupid must have struck me with, but I promise I'm almost done!

Tuesday I got a wonderful surprise at work when Darrin showed up for a lunch date and these:
Love my flowers!

I cooked manly meal for dinner in hopes of wiping all memories of hearts, and flowers, and chocolates from Darrin's mind and we just spend the night hanging out at home!
Steak, mashed taters and asparagus
 So I must say, for a "holiday" that really isn't, February 14th was pretty great this year!

Did you do anything for Valentine's Day?  Do you love to celebrate with the ones you love, or do you find it to be a day you'd rather wasn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment