Sunday, February 5, 2012

What I Saved: Time to get ready for Super Doubles!

My Sunday's are starting to develop a really nice rhythm. I get up, check out a few couponing blogs, get ready for the day, get my Raleigh papers at Books a Million, then there is Church and lunch with Darrin and finally grocery shopping and cooking dinner.

I'm sure that may seem boring to some, but I am really liking the way my weekends flow!

I mentioned last week that people show up and stand in line for the 10am opening at Books A Million.  I got there this morning at about 9:15am and even though it was POURING down rain, a woman got out of her car at 9:22am to stand in line!  Honestly, my first words to her when I jumped in line was "Really, you didn't want to stay nice and warm in your car??"

I got my three newspapers though and had fun chatting with some of the other couponers in line.

My savings this week were pretty decent and break down something like this:

Total value: $179.43
Out of pocket: $61.53
Savings: 71%

I didn't go anywhere but Harris Teeter this weekend and I also did not use ONE printable coupon.  I find it pretty amazing that I was able to save that much with just the coupons I get by buying a few Sunday papers.  It makes me feel a little better about the insanity that is standing in line for 40 minutes in the rain!

I forgot to take a picture of what I got today, but here is a look at a few of the things I was able to pick up on Saturday!

I'm also super excited because (and unless you're living under a rock, you probably already know this) Lowes Food's is having a Super Doubles event starting Wednesday and Harris Teeter is having their Super Doubles event starting the following Wednesday!  I can't wait to see what sales they having to go along with those events!

Well it's time to go cook some wings for the hubby while we watch football.  Although I'm loving being in the kitchen since I was able to get this made last night:
Pretty new cafe curtain! 

I'm starting to feel very domesticated!  Maybe this whole wife-thing isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be!


Did you do anything fun for the Superbowl?  Did the team you were pulling for win?

No comments:

Post a Comment